20 by 30

Timlynn Babitsky | Issues: Strategies & Tactics,Resources,Wind Power Basics | Wednesday, May 28th, 2008

by Timlynn Babitsky
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) just released a first-of-its-kind report examining the technical feasibility of wind energy’s potential to provide up to 20 percent of the nation’s total electricity needs by 2030. This 248 page report is a must read for wind project advocates. If you want the real story on wind power potential you need to do your homework. (more…)

Yes YOU can….

Timlynn Babitsky | Case studies,Communities of Wind,Issues: Strategies & Tactics,Why here? | Tuesday, May 27th, 2008

by Timlynn Babitsky
Eric Chamberlain researched municipal wind energy, evaluated local wind resources, then shook his network connections at Wind Capital Group and John Deere Credit and asked: “Why not wind power for my town?” On Friday, April 18, 2008, Rock Port Missouri became the first city in the U. S. to be 100% wind powered and the entire community turned out to celebrate! (more…)

It’s not easy being small…

Timlynn Babitsky | Benefits & Support,Communities of Wind | Friday, May 2nd, 2008

by Timlynn Babitsky
Nearly 98% of all wind generation is owned by Big Corps – independent power producers and electric utilities. The rest – 2% to 3% – is owned by us little guys – farmers, ranchers, schools, towns, businesses, and colleges. The issues, policies, etc., of these two wind-generation ‘worlds’ are different. You need to understand the differences, and what does/does not apply to your own wind agenda so you can identify the best allies to support you and be prepared to answer your resistors. (more…)

Wind Harvest – Minnesota

Timlynn Babitsky | Benefits & Support,Case studies,Cash Crop for Farmers | Thursday, May 1st, 2008

by Timlynn Babitsky
Thinking of tapping into wind power by leasing your farm land to a wind developer? You may want to look into the Minwind Energy wind farm near Luverne, in the southwest corner of Minnesota first. “The real money to be made from wind power comes not from land rental, but from the generation of electrical power,” says Mark Willers, CEO of Minwind. (more…)